BHP Billiton Australian Internships
BHP Billiton has intern opportunities located across our Australian assets and operations.
What we offer:
- 12 weeks paid work experience to build your technical skills
- Work on solving real business problems and projects
- Build your professional network with the industry’s most talented leaders
- Uncover your capability through stretch targets and feedback from your supervisor
What we are looking for:
- Be studying a degree relevant to our disciplines
- Mobility to relocate to where our opportunities are based
- Finishing your degree in 2016 or 2017
- Commitment to work for 12 weeks from November 2016 through to February 2017
- Hold Australian permanent residency or citizenship to apply
Most of our engineering and science based roles are located at our mine sites and operations where you will be provided accommodation and transport (if required). Our business roles such as Information Technology, Finance, HR and Supply will mostly be based in one of our corporate offices in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Will there be a graduate role at the end?
Yes there will for our highest performing interns. At the end of your 12 weeks, you will need to have shown us that Our Charter values are at your core, you are passionate about your discipline and your work performance has been exceptional.
If you are interested in joining us as an Intern, applications are open from Monday 18 July to Friday 12 August 2016.
To help you with your application go to our Top Ten Tips or apply today.
BHP Billiton Graduate Program
Best in class graduate program
Graduates have voted us no.1 in the mining, oil and gas sector in Australia as the place that they would most like to work for. We have over 350 graduates working across Australia, Singapore, Chile and the US.
As a BHP Billiton graduate, you'll be part of a development program that offers unparalleled opportunities to build a strong base in an inclusive and supporting culture to advance your career.
Applications for the 2017 BHP Billiton Australian Graduate Program will opne in March 2017.
If you would like to learn more about working for us, hear what some of our graduates have to say: