To be considered for an Australian intern or graduate opportunity, here are a few things you need to know:
Graduates: You will need to commence work in February 2018 and need to have passed all subjects and have graduated in 2016 or be eligible for graduation by the end of 2017.
Interns: Be available for 12 weeks of work experience starting in November 2017. You will need to be in your penultimate year.
Working rights: You will need to have Australian / New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at the time of your application.
A willingness to relocate: The majority of our engineering and science roles are based at our mine sites and operations and if required you will be provided with accommodation and transport. Our business roles such as Technology, Finance, HR and Supply will mostly be based in one of our corporate offices in a capital city.
Top Ten Tips for a Great Application
- Make sure you apply before the closing date, we don’t accept late applications.
- Don’t spend time on a cover letter, we ask you everything we need to know in our application form.
- When applying we will ask you to upload a copy of your resume. If you progress to a telephone interview we will ask for a copy of your official academic transcript. It is a good idea to prepare this information in advance.
- When submitting your application online double check you have entered all your details correctly, every year people miss out as they made a typo in their email address or mobile telephone number.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email, if you don’t get an email log back on and make sure you submitted your application.
- If you are invited to testing, make sure you allocate time to do it before the due date. If you haven’t completed testing before the due date, you will not be considered. It is a good idea to do the practice tests.
- You must be living in Australia at the time of your application to take part in our selection activities.
- Keep your resume to two pages, you are early career so keep it concise.
- Include any volunteering or part-time work in your resume even if it doesn’t relate to your studies.
- If you make it through to a telephone interview or to one of our Engagement Centres, research us, make sure you know our commodities and what we do.
Applications are now open. Apply today.