The BHP Billiton Charter describes our purpose and values and how we measure our success. Our Charter is the single most important means by which we communicate who we are, what we do, and what we stand for as an organisation, and is the basis for our decision-making.
We are BHP Billiton, a leading global resources company.
Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources.
Our strategy is to own and operate large, long-life, low-cost, expandable, upstream assets diversified by commodity, geography and market.
Putting health and safety first, being environmentally responsible and supporting our communities.
Doing what is right and doing what we say we will do.
Embracing openness, trust, teamwork, diversity and relationships that are mutually beneficial.
Achieving superior business results by stretching our capabilities.
Focusing our efforts on the things that matter most.
Defining and accepting responsibility and delivering on our commitments.
We are successful when:
- Our people start each day with a sense of purpose and end the day with a sense of accomplishment.
- Our communities, customers and suppliers value their relationships with us.
- Our asset portfolio is world-class and sustainably developed.
- Our operational discipline and financial strength enables our future growth.
- Our shareholders receive a superior return on their investment.