Baroness Shriti Vadera
Shriti has been a Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc since January 2011 and the Senior Independent Director of BHP Billiton Plc since 14 August 2015.
Skills and experience:
Shriti brings wide-ranging experience in finance, economics and public policy as well as extensive experience of emerging markets and international institutions. Shriti is Chairman of Santander UK and has been a Director of AstraZeneca since 2011. She was an investment banker with S G Warburg / UBS from 1984 to 1999, on the Council of Economic Advisers, HM Treasury 1999 to 2007, Minister in the UK Department of International Development in 2007, Minister in the Cabinet Office and Business Department 2008 to 2009 with responsibility for dealing with the financial crisis, G20 Adviser 2009 to 2010, and advised Governments, banks and investors on the Eurozone crisis, banking sector, debt restructuring and markets from 2010 to 2014.
Other directorships and offices (current and recent):
- Chairman of Santander UK Plc (since March 2015).
- Director of AstraZeneca Plc (since January 2011).
- Former Trustee of Oxfam (from 2000 until 2005).
Board Committee Membership:
- Member of the Nomination and Governance Committee.
- Member of the Risk and Audit Committee.
- Member of the Remuneration Committee.